Thursday 9 February 2012

Character Design

Astronaut Influence 



Looking at astronauts one of the main distinguishing features about their appearance is this suit that makes then look overly chunky and clumsy. For my character design I thought I could exaggerate these features and use the clumsiness to my advantage as my prop is a pogo stick (something that you need a small degree of agility to use) and the set which is a museum (a place where you must take care not to damage anything)


The first obvious astronaut I looked at was Buzz Lightyear, not however because he is a spaceman but because I like his overly broad chest and tiny limbs.



The rotund belly of Mr Incredible was another influence in sketching up astronaut ideas



Astronaut Preliminary Sketches



No comments:

Post a Comment